Friday, September 25, 2009

The 40 Greatest Fictional Men

A list of forty men who should be non-fictional... in my opinion.


1. Atticus Finch - To Kill A Mockingbird
"Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do."

2. Mr. Darcy - Pride & Prejudice
"In vain have I struggled. It will never do. My feelings will not be repressed."

3. Gilbert Blythe - Anne of Green Gables
"I wouldn't have your hair any colour but just what it is for the world."

4. Jason Bourne - Bourne movies
"If I even feel somebody behind me, there is no measure to how fast and how hard I will bring this fight to your doorstep. I'm on my own side now."

5. Noah Calhoun - The Notebook
"So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day."

6. Han Solo - Star Wars
“Wonderful girl. Either I’m going to kill her, or I’m beginning to like her.”

7. Robin Hood - Robin Hood
"You don't just walk up to a girl, hand her a bouquet and say, 'Hey, remember me? We were kids together. Will you marry me?' No, it just isn't done that way."

8. Westley - The Princess Bride
"Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while."

9. Calvin O'Keefe - A Wrinkle In Time
"Oh, for crying out loud," Calvin said, "you're Meg, aren't you? Come on and let's go for a walk."

10. Ron Weasley - Harry Potter
"All's fair in love and war, and this is a bit of both."

11. Aragorn - LOTR
"I do not fear death."

12. Fred and George Weasley - Harry Potter
"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" asked Fred.
"Definitely," said George.


13. Mr. Knightley - Emma
"Maybe it is our imperfections that make us so perfect for one another."

14. Patrick Verona - 10 Things I Hate About You
Kat: "You can't just buy me a guitar every time you screw up, you know?"
Patrick: "Yeah, I know. But then, you know, there's always drums, and bass, and maybe even one day a tambourine."


15. Pazu - Castle In The Sky
"A girl just fell from the sky, boss!"

16. C.K. Dexter Haven - The Philadelphia Story
"Be whatever you like, you're my redhead."

17. Laurie - Little Women
"You've got me, anyhow. I'm not good for much, I know; but I'll stand by you, Jo, all the days of my life; upon my word I will."

18. Guido Orefice - Life Is Beautiful
"Buon giorno, Principessa!

19. Sirius Black - Harry Potter
"This is how it is--this is why you're not in the Order--you don't understand--there are things worth dying for!"

20. Alan Matthews - Boy Meets World
"You know, Cor, when I was a kid, Christmas was about appreciating your gifts because they were given with love."

21. Bruce Wayne - Batman
"This city just showed you that it's full of people ready to believe in good."

22. Tobias - Animorphs books
"I was used to being alone. And I had the sky."

23. Angel - Buffy
"Did... she have a date?"

24. Will Hunting - Good Will Hunting
Will: "Shakespeare, Nietzsche, Frost, O'Conner, Kant, Pope, Locke..."
Sean: "Well that's great. They're all dead."
Will: "Not to me, they're not."


25. Jamie Bennett - Love Actually
"I know I seems an insane person--because I hardly knows you--but sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof."

26. Jake - Animorphs books
"Most of the time, I guess I have to go with being smart and sane. But I don't want to live in a world where people don't try the stupid, crazy, hopeful thing sometimes."

27. Luke Danes - Gilmore Girls
"...this thing we're doing here--me, you--I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in."

28. Shawn Hunter - Boy Meets World
"On this brink of everything I know, I can gain
An eyeful of the lost Atlantis in the human soul,
And a breath that fills my lungs with the air between two stars."


29. Benedick - Much Ado About Nothing
"I do love nothing in the world so well as you: is not that strange?"

30. Mateo - In America
Johnny: "Are you in love with her?"
Mateo: "No... I'm in love with you. And I'm in love with your beautiful woman. And I'm in love with your kids. And I'm even in love with your unborn child. I'm even in love with your anger! I'm in love with anything that lives!"


31. Indiana Jones - Indiana Jones
Indiana: "I'm going after that truck."
Sallah: "How?"
Indiana: "I don't know, I'm making this up as I go."


32. Bert - Mary Poppins
"What did I tell ya? There's the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars and the chimney sweeps."

33. Char - Ella Enchanted
"Impatience is not usually my weakness. But your letters torment me."

34. Giles - Buffy
"Oh, Emily Dickinson."

35. Gambit - X-Men comics
"Ideals, mes braves, they're easy to embrace. An' I t'ank you for dat, at least. It's dealin' wit' reality that'll take some work. For all of us."

36. Christian - Moulin Rouge
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."

37. Wolverine - X-Men comics
"I'm the best at what I do."

38. Walter Burns - His Girl Friday
"You've got an old fashioned idea divorce is something that lasts forever, 'til death do us part.' Why divorce doesn't mean anything nowadays, Hildy, just a few words mumbled over you by a judge."

39. Romeo - Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet
"I defy you, stars!"

40. Clark Kent - Superman
"Enough, Doomsday! If you want to get your hands on my friends, you're going to have to kill me first!"

No comments:

Post a Comment